For other uses of Angel, see Angel (disambiguation)
|Real Name||Warren Kenneth Worthington III|
|Date of Death||2011 (Original Timeline)|
|Birth Place||United States of America|
Horsemen of Apocalypse (Revised Timeline)
|Movie|| X-Men: The Last Stand|
|Status|| Deceased (Original Timeline)|
Alive (Revised Timeline)
|Portrayed by|| Cayden Boyd (Young)|
Ben Hardy (Teen)
Angel (Warren Worthington III) is a mutant who has the ability to fly with large white-later-metallic wings.
Warren Worthington III was seen trying to cut his wings off in order to hide his mutation. His father found out he was a mutant by entering the bathroom.
As a young man in his early twenties, his rich industrialist father was motivated by his son's mutation to create a "cure" for mutants. Warren was going to be the first test subject of this "cure" when he suddenly had second thoughts, broke out of his restraints, and bailed out of a nearby window, despite his father's protests.
When Alcatraz Island was attacked by the Brotherhood of Mutants, Warren's father was captured by Psylocke, Arclight and Quill. They threw him off the roof, but Warren arrived in time to save him. He was later seen flying over the Golden Gate Bridge as it was getting fixed; he then flew over a park and waved to a little boy who was watching him fly.
Prior to X-Men: Days of Future Past Edit
According to 25 Moments, in 2011, mutants banded together to protest the “mutant cure” arms race led by Trask Industries, Yashida Corporation, and other multinational pharmaceutical companies. The Occupy Wall Street movement marched from the X-Mansion to Zuccotti Park. Sentinels attacked the peaceful mutant demonstration. Angel was one of the mutants involved in the march and was killed during the chaos.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Wing Manifestation - Angel possesses two large, white, feathered wings on his back that allow him to fly. These wings are very large and are extremely flexible. Angel can fold them on his back so that there is only a slight bump showing from his clothing. In flight, he has been shown to fly fast.
- Wing Blades - After receiving a power upgrade from Apocalypse, his wings became more metallic in nature, allowing him to shoot blades from them.
- Aerial Adaptation: Angel's entire anatomy is naturally adapted to flying. Elements of his anatomy are comparable to those of birds, especially birds of prey. His eyes can withstand high-speed winds which would damage the average human eye. He can breathe at high velocities or altitudes, and he can cope with the reduced temperatures at high altitudes for prolonged periods of time.
- Regenerative Healing Factor - Angel is able to heal himself as shown that he was able to repeatedly grow back his severed wings.
- Superhuman Sight - Like birds, Warren's eyesight is superhumanly acute.
- Enhanced Strength - He is shown to have the strength to effortlessly hold an adult human with only his hands while in the air.
Friends and FamilyEdit
- In a deleted scene, Angel comes back to Alcatraz after saving his father and joins the other X-Men in the fight by taking and dropping members of the Brotherhood from the sky. However, he is knocked out after Magneto throws a car at him.
- Although Angel appears in the promotional posters wearing the X-Men uniform, he never dons one during the movie.
- Angel was supposed to appear in X2: X-Men United as a prisoner of William Stryker. In the early script of the movie, he was transformed into Archangel during an experiment of the Weapon X program.
- Angel has been portrayed by two different actors with the first name Ben.
- He is featured heavily in all the promotional material for X-Men: The Last Stand, as part of the whole "the original X-Men team in the comics finally together in film".
- Angel's wings were initially too heavy for Ben Foster, and were remade from foam.