|Real Name||Frederick J. Dukes|
|Alias(es)|| Fred Dukes|
|Date of Death||1979 (Original Timeline)|
|Birth Place||United States of America|
|Movie|| X-Men Origins: Wolverine|
|Status|| Deceased (Original Timeline)|
Unknown (Revised Timeline)
|Portrayed by||Kevin Durand|
- “I don't regret the things I do. I'm proud of what I am. I'm proud of what I've done for my country. But if you think you can take me, step up to Fred J. Dukes, you better run. 'Cause if I were to catch up, I might teach ya some manners.”
Blob (Fred Dukes) is a mutant who has super strength. He was part of Team X and was in good shape. Over the years, he became heavier and overweight.
Fred Dukes was a member of Team X under Major William Stryker's command. Fred well demonstrated his strength by blowing up a tank simply by plugging his fist inside the tank's chamber, causing its blast to backfire.
After the team disbanded, Fred became very obese (having developed an eating disorder), and John Wraith was trying to whip him back into shape (Unfortunately, Fred usually knocked out his opponents by just bouncing them with his huge stomach). Fred angrily challenged Logan to a boxing match between them because he thought Logan referred to him as "Blob" to Wraith - even though the spoken word was "Bub". Wolverine won by banging his fists (which contained the metal adamantium) on his head, and later wanted answers about the Island. Wolverine then interrogates Dukes until he is told that Dukes reveals that Victor and Stryker are working together, capturing mutants and experimenting on them, having allegedly learned the information from Agent Zero. Dukes then informs Logan that he does not know the location of Stryker's base, but says that there is only one person who escaped, a mutant and Cajun street hustler named Remy LeBeau, who goes by the name "Gambit". Wolverine and Wraith later went to find Gambit after Dukes gave Wolverine the information he wanted. Later when Victor was trying to kill Wraith, Wraith said that Victors black coat doesn't scare him and Victor then said that it worked well on Dukes hinting that he killed him
In a deleted scene, Victor is seen getting a call from Stryker. He tells Stryker that he knows where Wolverine and Wraith are going because he had Dukes tell him. He hangs up the phone after and starts moving towards Dukes. implying that he is about to torture and kill him.
To be added
- Superhuman Durability - Blob's body possesses a high degree of resistance to injury. The fat tissues that comprise the Blob's epidermis are able to absorb the impact of strong blows. His nerve endings do not relay any tactile perception to his brain which are near the threshold of pain. The fat tissue of his epidermis is resilient enough to revert to its normal shape within seconds after deformation caused by impact. It is virtually impervious to physical injury. Prior to becoming obese, Blob had already remarkable resilience,as he made a cannon explode by putting a hand inside it while it was shooting, without receiving any injury.
- Superhuman Strength - Blob has a high degree of physical strength. He is able to throw a man in the air with no efforts, and he's strong enough to punch Wolverine's adamantium skeleton without injuring his hands.
- Immovability - Due to Blob's vast weight he has his own gravitational pull. This allows him to be almost completely immovable unless it is by his own free will or his opponent's strength rivals his own.
- His character was also considered for inclusion in X-Men but did not make it past the concept art which is a hidden easter egg on the original DVD release of that movie.
- According to John Wraith, Blob has never liked Wolverine much.