|Real Name||Frederick J. Dukes|
|Alias(es)|| Fred Dukes|
|Date of Death||1979 (Original Timeline)|
|Movie||X-Men Origins: Wolverine|
|Status|| Deceased (Original Timeline)|
Unknown (Revised Timeline)
|Portrayed by||Kevin Durand|
- “I don't regret the things I do. I'm proud of what I am. I'm proud of what I've done for my country. But if you think you can take me, step up to Fred J. Dukes, you better run. 'Cause if I were to catch up, I might teach ya some manners.”
- ―BlobX-Men Origins: Wolverine
Blob (Fred Dukes) is a mutant who has super strength. He was part of Team X and was in good shape. Over the years, he became heavier and overweight.
Fred Dukes was a member of Team X under Major William Stryker's command. Fred well demonstrated his strength by blowing up a tank simply by plugging his fist inside the tank's chamber, causing its blast to backfire.
After the team disbanded, Fred became very obese, and John Wraith was trying to whip him back into shape (Unfortunately, Fred usually knocked out his opponents by just bouncing them with his huge stomach). Fred thought Logan called him "Blob", and that led to a boxing match between them. Wolverine won by banging his fists (which contained the metal adamantium) on his head, and later wanted answers about the Island. Wolverine and Wraith later went to find Gambit after Dukes gave Wolverine the information he wanted.
In a deleted scene, Victor was seen getting a call from Stryker and hanging up before moving towards Dukes. Later, when Victor confronts Wraith, when Wraith says that Victor's creepy black coat doesn't scare him, he replies that it worked on Dukes, implying that he killed him.
- Superhuman Durability and Strength - Blob's body possesses a high degree of resistance to injury. The fat tissues that comprise the Blob's epidermis are able to absorb the impact of strong blows. His nerve endings do not relay any tactile perception to his brain which are near the threshold of pain. The fat tissue of his epidermis is resilient enough to revert to its normal shape within seconds after deformation caused by impact. It is virtually impervious to physical injury.
- His character was also considered for inclusion in X-Men but did not make it past the concept art which is a hidden easter egg on the original DVD release of that movie.
- According to John Wraith, Blob has never liked Wolverine much.