|Producer:|| Lauren Shuler Donner|
|Expected Release:||October 7, 2016|
|X-Men Movie Chronology|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
Gambit is a planned spin-off of X-Men: Apocalypse focusing on the character of Gambit. Taylor Kitsch was originally going to reprise his role as Gambit for the spin-off. Producer Lauren Shuler Donner declared that Gambit is one of her favorite X-Men characters, and a film for him would be considered depending on the success of Wolverine and said earlier that there were studio talks going on about a possible Gambit film. Actor Channing Tatum will be portraying the character in the film.
In a new interview with Gambit fansite The Joker and The Queen, Kitsch elaborates a little more on what he wants to see next from the character, a card-playing Cajun from New Orleans whose real name is Remy LeBeau.
For a start, Kitsch hinted that he wants to see Gambit riding a motorbike. Asked if he'd like the comic book character's trademark fingerless gloves added to his next film appearance, he said: "Yah, I would like the fingerless gloves...wasn't right for Wolverine scenes but definitely under the right circumstance...maybe riding his motorcycle."
And on the best part of playing Gambit: "Tough question... I think it's many of his characteristics that make him so great and like no other.
"Personally I love to play the part of Remy that you just don't know what he's going do next. He's incredibly unpredictable.
"Just playing that part alone leads to high stakes and many great moments. The dark part of him is something I feel needs to be explored more as well and also his charm.
"See what I mean? Tough question. Remy keeps you guessing... I feel you got to see a flash of Remy mostly in the Casino scene - favorite part to play thus far."
In an interview with Empire Magazine in 2014, Lauren Shular Donner has an interest on Channing Tatum to play Gambit in a solo film. I’m dying to do a Gambit movie with Channing Tatum.
Lauren Donner says, "That doesn’t have to be a great big movie. It’s a thief in New Orleans, it’s a whole different story. He’s on board, and I have to get the studio on board. How can anyone resist Channing? He’s such a sweetheart."
Channing Tatum says, "I would like to play Gambit. Gambit’s my favourite. I’m from New Orleans, around that area. My dad’s from New Orleans, and I like to do a Cajun accent. I could do it for real… No knock on Taylor Kitsch, though, ’cause I actually like his Gambit, but I’ve always lived around Cajun people. Gambit was always like the woman-loving, cigarette-smoking, drinking guy. He was the punk rock of all the superheroes. He’s a thief. He kind of rode the line."
In a newpaper interview, Taylor Kitsch who played Gambit in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" states that he has no problem with the idea of Channing Tatum taking over the role.
“If he does it, good on him,” he told the Chicago Tribune. “He’ll kill it. It’s such cool character. Whoever plays him will be a lucky guy. I’m not going to be like ‘Oh my God, why don’t I get to play him?’ If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be,” Kitsch added. “And if not, I’ll move on. If they cast [Tatum], I wish him nothing but the best. I hope he kicks the [crap] out of it."
Tatum has confirmed in a interview with MTV that he will have a meeting with Donnor about the character.
During an interview on MTV News Channing Tatum confirmed that he is in conversation to star in the Gambit solo movie before "X-Men: Apocalypse." This could possibly mean that the Gambit movie would be released in 2015 if it does happen.
In October 2014, Tatum revealed that a solo film is in development and they were looking for a write, he also hinted the possibility of "Gambit" film, which Fox had set a date July 18, 2018 as and untitled film. In October 2014, Fox officially announced that Tatum was attached to star as Gambit, with a script from Josh Zetumer based off a treatment by longtime X-Men scribe Chris Claremont and Tatum will co-produced the film with his Free Association producing partner Reid Carolin.
It was revealed that Bennett Miller]], Darren Aronofsky, Gareth Evans and J. C. Chandor were all offered by Tatum to direct the spin-off but turned down the chance to direct. On June 15, 2015, Entertainment Weekly reported that Rupert Wyatt will direct the film. Tatum answered a Reddit question and stated that his character won't be in X-Men: Apocalypse. Carolin told Screen Rant that filming will start in October or November in New Orleans, Louisiana. On August 6, 2015, Deadline reported that the studio are looking at actresses Rebecca Ferguson, Léa Seydoux and Abbey Lee for the role of Bella Donna Boudreaux, but Deadline reported on August 18, 2015, Ferguson dropped out to work on the film The Girl on the Train, which leaves Seydoux and Lee still in the running. It was announced by Deadline on August 24, 2015 that Seydoux is cast as Bella Donna. On September 16, 2015, Wyatt has dropped out as director of the film due to schedule conflicts. In October 2015, Deadline and Heroic Hollywood reports that Doug Liman, Joe Cornish and Shane Black are the contenders to direct the film. On November 12, 2015, The Hollywood Reporter has reports that Liman is in final negotiations to direct the film. Kinberg said that he hopes to start filming next spring. Filming will start in March 2016.
- ↑ Shuler Donner confirms Channing Tatum Gambit casting
- ↑ Lauren Shuler Donner confirms Channing Tatum Gambit casting
- ↑ Channing Tatum to Play Gambit in X-Men Spinoff
- ↑ Channing Tatum Talks Gambit Movie Progress
- ↑ Channing Tatum’s ‘X-Men’ Character ‘Gambit’ Spinoff Moving Forward
- ↑ 
- ↑ Comic Strip: ‘Fantastic Four’ Drama, ‘Suicide Squad’ Monsters and Other News to Ponder
- ↑ Entourage News, World War Z 2, and El Mayombe! - May 22nd, 2015 - Meet the Movie Press
- ↑ Exclusive: Rupert Wyatt To Direct Channing Tatum's X-Men Film}
- ↑ 
- ↑ Channing Tatum Talks Gambit And If He'll Be In X-Men: Apocalypse
- ↑ [ttp://www.comicbookresources.com/article/tatum-says-gambit-lends-himself-to-a-different-style-of-superhero-film TATUM SAYS, "GAMBIT LENDS HIMSELF TO A DIFFERENT STYLE OF SUPERHERO FILM"]
- ↑ 'Magic Mike XXL' Writer on The Sequel, 'Gambit' & 'Ghostbusters'
- ↑ Marvel: “Gambit” Movie with Channing Tatum Looks a Go for October Start Date
- ↑ [ttp://deadline.com/2015/08/rebecca-ferguson-lea-seydoux-abbey-lee-gambit-x-men-120149275/ Rebecca Ferguson, Lea Seydoux, Abbey Lee On 'Gambit' Short List]
- ↑ 'Mission: Impossible's Rebecca Ferguson Catches 'The Girl on The Train'
- ↑ Lea Seydoux Gets 'Gambit' Lead Offer, Opposite Channing Tatum
- ↑ ‘Gambit’ Solo Movie Loses Director Rupert Wyatt
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2015/10/jennifer-lawrences-equal-pay-american-hustle-star-salaries-political-films-1201586975/ Bart & Fleming: Why Jennifer Lawrence's Ballsy 'American Hustle' Payday Rant Isn't Anatomically Corret]
- ↑ 
- ↑ The Top 3 Contenders To Direct 'Gambit'
- ↑ Doug Liman Near Deal to Direct Channing Tatum's 'Gambit'
- ↑ 
- ↑ [ttp://wgno.com/2016/01/08/hollywood-south-news-with-jabari-whats-to-come-in-2016-a-casting-call/=Hollywood South News with Jabari: What’s to come in 2016 & a Casting Call]
- ↑ Gambit Movie to Begin Production in March