- “You're too close to this. I'm shutting you down.”
- ―General Munsonsrc
General Munson was a high-ranking U.S. Army general and the major sponsor of Colonel William Stryker's Weapon X program.
General Munson was present while Wolverine was in the Weapon X program. After Wolverine escaped from the Alkali Lake facility, Munson reprimanded Stryker, stating that he had just spent $500,000,000 making him indestructible.
During the Weapon XI process on Three Mile Island, Munson ordered Stryker to end his experiments - citing his knowledge of Stryker's mutant son who killed his wife - believing that Stryker's objective(s) would be too personal. Stryker responded by thrusting an autopsy blade into Munson's chest, killing him.
- William Stryker † - Subordinate; Killer
- From his military ribbons, Munson is a veteran of WWII (European Theater), the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.
- In addition to being a 4-star general in the U.S. Army, Munson was also a highly decorated officer, having won the following military awards (according to those apparent on his uniform):
- Army Distinguished Service (Ribbon)
- Legion of Merit (Ribbon)
- Silver Star (Ribbon)
- Bronze Star (Ribbon)
- Purple Heart (Ribbon)
- Joint Service Commendation (Ribbon)
- Army Commendation (Ribbon)
- American Defense Service (Ribbon)
- Reserve Componets Achievement (Ribbon)
- Army of Occupation (Ribbon)
- Croix de guerre (Ribbon)
- National Defense Service (Ribbon)
- United Nations Korea Service (Ribbon)
- Vietnam Service (Ribbon)
- Vietnam Military Merit (Ribbon)
- Vietnam Armed Forces Honor Medal
- Vietnam Staff Service Medal (Ribbon)
- Republic of Vietnam Campaign (Ribbon)
- Army Meritorious Unit Commendation (Ribbon)
- Vietnam Gallantry Cross Unit Citation (Ribbon)
- Vietnam Civil Actions Unit Citation (Ribbon)
- Master Parachutist (Army)