|Movie|| X-Men: First Class|
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Academy Award-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence is best known for playing Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games (2012), Tiffany Maxwell in Silver Linings Playbook (2012), and Rosalyn Rosenfeld in American Hustle (2013).
Jennifer Shrader Lawrence was born on August 15, 1990 in Louisville, Kentucky, to Karen (Koch), who manages a children's camp, and Gary Lawrence, who works in construction. She has two older brothers, Ben and Blaine, and has English, as well as some German, Irish, and Scottish, ancestry.
Before Jennifer became an actress, she was involved in cheer-leading, field hockey, softball, and modeling, none of which she held a passion for. Her career began when she traveled to Manhattan at the age of 14. After conducting her first cold read, agents told her mother that "it was the best cold read by a 14- year-old they had ever heard", and tried to convince her mother that she needed to spend the summer in Manhattan. After leaving the agency, Jen was spotted by an agent in the midst of shooting an H&M ad and asked to take her picture. The next day, that agent followed up with her and invited her to the studio for a cold read audition. Again, the agents were highly impressed and strongly urged her mother to allow her to spend the summer in New York City. As fate would have it, she did, and subsequently appeared in commercials such as MTV's "My Super Sweet 16" and played a role in the movie, The Devil You Know (2013).
Shortly thereafter, her career forced her and her family to move to Los Angeles, where she was cast in the TBS sitcom The Bill Engvall Show (2007), and in smaller movies like The Poker House (2008) and The Burning Plain (2008).
Her big break came when she played Ree in Winter's Bone (2010), which landed her Academy Award and Golden Globe nominations. Shortly thereafter, she secured the role of Mystique in X-Men: First Class (2011), which went on to be a hit in summer 2011. Around this time, Lawrence scored the role of a lifetime when she was cast as Katniss Everdeen in the big-screen adaptation of literary sensation The Hunger Games (2012). That went on to become one of the highest-grossing movies ever with over $407 million at the domestic box office, and instantly propelled Lawrence to the A-list among young actors/actresses. n 2013, the romantic comedy Silver Linings Playbook earned her the Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, Satellite Award and the Independent Spirit Award for Best Actress, amongst other accolades, making her the youngest person ever to be nominated for two Academy Awards for Best Actress and the second-youngest Best Actress winner
Lawrence can also be seen in The Beaver (2011), Like Crazy (2011), House at the End of the Street (2012), and American Hustle (2013).
- Jennifer Lawrence was dating Nicholas Hoult. They have since split.
- She's a huge fan of Jeff Bridges, and got the chance to meet him at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con. Lawrence approached him, not realizing he was in the middle of an interview with Entertainment Tonight (1981), and hurried away. Bridges noticed and immediately called her back. The reporter then handed a star-struck Lawrence the microphone and invited her to take over the interview.
- Is the third youngest Oscar nominee for best actress in a leading role, at age 20 years, 163 days. Only Quvenzhané Wallis in Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012), at age 9 years, 135 days, and Keisha Castle-Hughes for Whale Rider (2002), at age 13 years, 309 days, were younger, at the date of nominations announcement.
- Is the third Oscar-winning Actress to appear in the X-Men films, the others being Anna Paquin and Halle Berry. All three of them appear together in X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014).
- She is left-handed.
- Has starred in both, the highest grossing films released at the US box office in 2013 and 2014: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013) and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (2014). This means, two years in a row a movie with a solo female lead has topped the year's box office, something which has never happened before.
- When she first started playing Mystique in X-Men: First Class, she wore full-body prosthetics which she found uncomfortable. She got to where a special body suit in X-Men: Days of Future Past which she found more comforting to wear.