|Real Name||John Wraith|
|Date of Death||1979 (Original Timeline)|
|Movie||X-Men Origins: Wolverine|
|Status|| Deceased (Original Timeline)|
Unknown (Revised Timeline)
- “I've done some pretty awful things. The kind of things that could haunt a man when he sleeps. See, most people think our powers are gifts. But if it was up to me, I'd hunt the devil down myself. And give him this gift back. My name is John Wraith. And I'm a mutant.”
- ―John Wraithsrc
John Wraith was a mutant who could teleport. He was also a friend of Wolverine.
Six years later, Wraith tried to get Fred Dukes (now out of shape due to an eating disorder) back into shape through boxing matches. This led Logan to fight Dukes. After beating him, Logan asked about "the Island" and was told to find a guy named Remy LeBeau (Gambit), who was once held prisoner there. Wraith accompanied Logan to New Orleans to find Gambit. He covered the exits at the casino, but saw Victor and chased him down an alleyway, where he fought him. Using his power to teleport, he initially appeared to gain the upper hand. However, Victor quoted that Wraith was becoming predictable by using a single strategy. Victor soon killed Wraith by snapping his spine just as he teleported. He then collected Wraith's DNA for the Weapon XI project.
It's unclear if John is alive again in the revised timeline, but given the fact that Logan still has his adamantium claws in both histories, it looks likely that John still meets his end by the hands of Victor Creed.
- Phase-Jumping - Psionic ability to teleport at will from any point in space to another, with what would appear to be an exceptionally high range. He could move about space at will, appearing and disappearing in a fashion that left no flashy burst of light or sound.
- William Stryker - Former Boss
- Wolverine - Former Teammate and Friend
- Fred Dukes - Former Teammate and Friend
- Agent Zero - Former Teammate
- Wade Wilson - Former Teammate
- Chris Bradley - Former Teammate
- Victor Creed - Former Teammate turned Enemy; Killer