- “This one robbed seven banks... At the same time.”
- ―Mystique about Multiple Mansrc
Multiple Man (James "Jamie" Madrox) is a mutant who can duplicate himself and has a history of robbing banks.
Multiple Man attempted to destroy the Brooklyn Bridge. His clones were planting the explosives when Nightcrawler and Storm arrive. Nightcrawler battles him while Storm fights the clones down below. He is later taken to a prison for high-powered mutants.
While Magneto rescues Mystique from a prison convoy, he recruits the other imprisoned mutants, including Multiple Man and Juggernaut. He served as a decoy when the government attempted to arrest the Brotherhood at their temporary camp. Although he is arrested again, it is uncertain if he was injected with the cure upon his capture.
- Self-Duplication - Multiple Man can duplicate himself. He was able to rob seven banks at the same time due to his powers. It's unknown what the limits of his powers (if there are any) are, but he's shown to create over 100 copies of himself. Multiple Man can re-merge with his duplicates if they are alive and conscious.
- Healing Balance - If a completely healthy, uninjured duplicate merges with a severely injured one. The damage will balance out so that the merged form will have the injury, but only half as severe.
- Hive Mind Empathy - Multiple Man and his duplicates all share a similar mindset and understand each other's goal. When merged back into the source, they share information. It is possible that a duplicate can develop a sense of individuality if separated from the others after a long period of time. Multiple Man can detect if any of his duplicates are either hurt, in danger or have died.
- Kinetic Energy Absorption - Multiple Man is capable of passively absorbing any kinetic energy and stores it as activation energy to allow his body to multiply.
- He is likely based on his Ultimate Marvel counterpart who is a member of the Brotherhood of Mutants, as his canonical comics (Earth-616) counterpart is a former member of the X-Men.
|Brotherhood of Mutants|