This article is a stub.
You can help the X-Men Movies Wiki by expanding it.
Nathaniel Essex is the CEO of the Essex Corporation.
To be added
- In the comics, Essex was known as Mr. Sinister who has superhuman physical and mental abilities. This has not yet been explored in film to date.
- In the context of the comic books, Sinister is a geneticist obsessed with creating the perfect mutant, his experiments leading to the creation of several, highly powerful mutants, such as: Madelyne Pryor, Cable and Nate Grey, all of whom are based off of Jean Grey's and Cyclops's genetic material.
- Mister Sinister also commanded a mutant hate group, The Marauders, whose members included: Sabretooth, Arclight, Riptide and Gambit.
- In the X-Men comics, Sinister was an ordinary human being living in Victorian-Era England until he awoke Apocalypse from his eternal sleep. Interested in Essex's experiments on mutants, Apocalypse granted the geneticist mutant powers through genetic modifications. Sinister would later sever his ties with Apocalypse due to conflicting interests, creating Cable as a weapon against the ageless mutant. Besides the non-canon X2: Wolverine's Revenge video game, it is currently unknown if the Essex Corporation has had any contact with Apocalypse.
- Essex was originally planned to be a villain in Logan (film) however, director James Mangold felt his appearance and persona were too "comic-booky" and would clash with the serious and grim tone the movie was going with. His role would end up being filled by Zander Rice and Donald Pierce. However producer and writer for the X-Men Films Simon Kinberg has said that they do have plans to use him in future movies other then Logan.