New Mutants is an upcoming movie based on the superhero mutant team of the same name, and will be the eleventh installment in the X-Men film series. It is slated to release on April 13, 2018.
“Held in a secret facility against their will, five new mutants have to battle the dangers of their powers, as well as the sins of their past. They aren’t out to save the world — they’re just trying to save themselves.”
To be Added
- Anya Taylor-Joy as IIIyana Rasputina / Magik
- Maisie Williams as Rahne Sinclair / Wolfsbane
- Henry Zaga as Roberto "Bobby" da Costa / Sunspot
- Blu Hunt as Danielle Moonstar / Mirage
- Charlie Heaton as Sam Guthrie / Cannonball
- Alice Braga as Dr. Cecilia Reyes
- Unknown actor as Demon Bear
- Unknown actor as Warlock
- Unknown actor as Lockheed
At a Fox Blu-Ray press event in Beverly Hills in September 2009, Lauren Shuler Donner confirmed that there are plans for a film involving the New Mutants. However she stressed that it has yet to be pitched to the studio.
In May 2015, Deadline reports that Josh Boone was hired to direct and co-write, alongside Knate Gwaltney, a film adaptation of The New Mutants comic-book series.  Acting as a spin-off to the X-Men film series, the film will be written by Boone and Gwaltney, while Donner and Kinberg are attached to produce.
In August 2015, Boone shared an image of the script which he was writing along with Gwaltney and was "not done yet."
In October 2015, Boone had finished the script for the film with Knate Gwaltney, and tweeted that the first draft for the script is complete. Kinberg has stated that the film will be a Young Adult movie.
In August 2016, it was reported that Scott Neustadter and[Michael H. Weber would write the script with the films line up to include Danielle Moonstar, Wolfsbane, Sunspot, Cannonball, Magik, and Warlock.
In November 2016, Coming Soon.net reports that Demon Bear would be the main antagonist in the film, the site also reveal that 20th Century Fox is currently targeting a Spring 2018 release date, the film's tone is describing as a "Stephen King meets John Hughes-style horror movie" and that Nat Wolff is being eyed for the role of Cannonball. Boone announced, on his Instagram page, that Pre-Production has began.
In March 2017, following the release of Logan, Lana Condor, who played the mutant Jubilee in the film, shared a piece of fanart of her character on her Instagram account. In it, she proclaimed that she misses playing the character, and wants to "hang again soon". While the caption is a relatively vague indication that Condor wants to reprise her role in Teen Spirit, it will certainly come as a welcomed piece of news for fans of Jubilee.
In May 2017, it was reported that James McAvoy would not be reprising his role Professor X for the film. Even though his three-picture deal with 20th Century Fox was completed with the release of X-Men: Apocalypse, it has been expected that the studio will re-sign McAvoy so that he continue to portray Charles Xavier/Professor X -- one of the world's most powerful mutant telepaths -- in New Mutants and Dark Phoenix. Just last year, producer Simon Kinberg basically confirmed McAvoy's involvement. “Right now, as the movie exists, Professor X would be a part of a New Mutants movie,” he told Collider.
In early July 2017, ahead of the film’s spring 2018 release, the cast of New Mutants has arrived for filming in Boston. Stars Henry Zaga, Maisie Williams, and Charlie Heaton have been spotted in the Massachusetts capital with filming expected to start any day.
- The comic counterpart of The New Mutants is a team of teen superheroes in training by Charles Xavier in the same place as the X-Men. The film version of the team, however is instead a group of five mutants who were trapped in a facility until they escape and this incarnation has no ties to the X-Men (with Magik being the only New Mutants member with ties to an existing X-Men member, her brother, Colossus).
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 EXCLUSIVE: An Animatic from the New Mutants Movie Lands Online!
- ↑ The Fault In Our Stars Director To Helm X-Men Spinoff
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2015/05/the-new-mutants-x-men-josh-boone-the-fault-in-our-stars-fox-1201425641/
- ↑ New Mutants' Director Shares Screenplay Progress of 'X-Men' Spinoff
- ↑ New Mutants Film Script Finished
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JoshBooneMovies/status/649998491737952256
- ↑ New Mutants Will Be A Young Adult Movie
- ↑ Fault in Our Stars' Writers Tackling 'X-Men' Spinoff 'New Mutants' (Exclusive)
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ X-Men's Lana Condor Would Like To Revisit Jubilee Once More
- ↑ New Mutants: James McAvoy Won’t Appear As Professor X
- ↑ Report: McAVOY's PROFESSOR X Will Not Be In NEW MUTANTS After All
- ↑ James McAvoy Won't Return as Professor X in New Mutants
- ↑ James McAvoy's Charles Xavier Won't Appear In X-Men: New Mutants
- ↑ New Mutants Cast Arrives in Boston for Filming