|Real Name||Janos Quested|
|Species||Mutant (Homo superior)|
|Team|| Hellfire Club (formerly)|
Brotherhood of Mutants (briefly)
|Movie||X-Men: First Class|
|Comic||X-Men First Class: The High Hand|
|Portrayed by||Álex González|
Riptide (born Janos Quested) was a mutant who was capable of producing tornadoes at will.
Riptide later joined his teammates to fight against the X-Men. During the Cuban Missile Crisis, while Erik Lehnsherr was magnetically pulling Shaw's submarine out of the water, Riptide created a tornado, causing both the X-Jet and the submarine to crash on the beach. He was knocked out when Erik pulls a piece of the submarine hull out on top of him. After Sebastian Shaw is killed, Riptide joins Magneto's new Brotherhood of Mutants, along with Mystique, Angel Salvadore and Azazel.
- Aerokinesis - Riptide is capable of creating and manipulating powerful winds of various sizes by spinning his hand.
- Cyclone Spinning - He is also capable of using the wind to spin at tremendous speeds, becoming, at best, a human tornado with enough force to toss a submarine and the X-Jet a large distance.
- Enhanced Rotation- Riptide is capable of spinning at superhuman speeds without it affecting his balance or coordination. He is capable of being the eye of his own hurricane.
- Spatial Awareness- Likely to be a trained ability or part of his mutation. Riptide is capable of guiding himself whilst spinning. He was able to destroy Cerebro without accidentally harming the young mutants or destroying the part of the facility they were in.
- He is the only member from the former Hellfire Club whose fate remains unknown as his fellow teammates Azazel, Angel Salvadore and Emma Frost were among those experimented on and killed by Bolivar Trask between X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past. Though unconfirmed, it is most likely that he suffered the same fate.
|Brotherhood of Mutants|