The United States Senate is one of two chambers of the U.S. Congress. The Senate is composed of 100 senators - two senators for each of the 50 U.S. states.
As Jean Grey concludes a presentation to the U.S. Senate on the specifics of mutation and the X-Gene, Senator Kelly engages in a debate with her, attempting to highlight the alleged danger mutants pose to society. He ultimately advocates the Mutant Registration Act so that, in his own words, the public can "...know who they are, and above all, what they can do!"
List of U.S. Senators
- Sen. Robert Kelly (Kansas)
- Sen. Toby Doubleday (North Dakota)
- Sen. Hillary Courtney (California)
- Sen. Will Poolter (Pennsylvania)
- Sen. James Butler (Wisconsin)
- Sen. Laura Gracen (New Hampshire)
- Sen. Jason Graham (Alaska)
- Sen. Paul Beale